Uplifter's participant database is directly connected with Gymnastics Ontario gymnast database. With this connection we can offer our Gymnastics Ontario affiliated clubs the ability to quickly and easily submit gymnasts to Gymnastics Ontario for membership submissions.
Please note, these tool are under development. Please refer back to this article or reach out to email@example.com for information about new features as they become available.
Getting Your Club Ready
In order to connected with the Gymnastics Ontario database you will want to ensure you have the core elements on your site setup.
Verify Your Gymnastics Ontario Number
Gymnastics Ontario Fees
With each new Gymnastics Ontario season (July 1st - June 30th) you will want to ensure your club has a new Gymnastics Ontario fee ready and available to attach to invoices. The number of Gymnastics Ontario fees you create may vary based on the type of memberships you offer. However, most clubs will only create one or two fees per year. More information on best practices when creating multiple fees can be found in the Multiple Fees Per Year section, below.
Create Your GO Fee
- Navigate to Products & Programs > Products & Subscriptions
- Select Add new from the toolbar
- Enter your product settings
- Select to make your product a subscription
- Select a Gymnastics Ontario season for duration and the desired season
- Use the Discipline, Level, and Role drop downs to assign your membership type
- Select Save
- Each Gymnastics Ontario subscription/membership fee should be set to Mandatory.
- Each Gymnastics Ontario subscription/membership fee should use the Gymnastics Ontario Season option from the Duration of Subscription drop down.
- Each Gymnastics Ontario subscription/membership fee should be set to Apply To "Participant", under Product Information.
- Each Gymnastics Ontario subscription/membership fee should have no filters applied in the Tag Filters section unless otherwise required (see: Multiple Fees Per Year)
Each membership you create within a single GO season should have a unique selection from the Discipline, Level, and Role drop downs. This selection dictates what type of membership you are offering and, eventually, submitting to GO.
For instance, you may offer a Recreational Athlete membership. In that instance, you would need to select Level: Recreational and Role: Athlete. Note that Discipline was not selected in this example. This is because this example membership applies to all of my recreational participants. However, if I had different costs for my General vs Rhythmic, for instance, I could then use the Discipline drop down to differentiate.
You only need to get as specific as your memberships dictate.
Help! The New Season Isn't Listed!
We pull our season list directly from Gymnastics Ontario's database. Because of this, there may be instances where you wish to create your upcoming season's Gymnastics Ontario fee but the season does not populate in the list of options. In this instance you will want to use the Effective Start and End date options, running from July 1st to June 31st (of the applicable years). Then, be sure to check back as the season approaches. Once the season populates you can clear the Effective Start and End date options and select the Gymnastics Ontario Season drop down option. This will affect your subscription purchases retroactively.
Multiple Fees Per Year
Some clubs, depending on the membership types they offer, will need multiple Gymnastics Ontario fees per year. This is most often done when clubs offer an array of membership types like Recreational, Competitive, etc.
This can also be a solution for clubs who have differing costs for varying circumstances. For instance, if your Competitive program costs include the GO fee already whereas your Recreational program costs do not. In these instances, there are two main factors you will need to ensure:
- There are no circumstances where a participant can register and not receive a Gymnastics Ontario fee (if they should receive one).
- There are no circumstances where a participant can qualify for two Gymnastics Ontario fees at the same time.
When creating two separate fees you will want to use the Link To tool under Registration Checkout Filters section to apply filters to the subscription. Using these filters you can split your fees by, say, Category:
In this way, you can then set one Gymnastics Ontario fee to be $0 and another to be $35, for instance. Please note, though, that the system will automatically account for other memberships. It will do so by considering the Weight of the membership. Please see below for further information.
In order to capture the requirements of Gymnastics Ontario's unique "most expensive only" membership costs, we have introduced the concept of "weight". When creating your Gymnastics Ontario membership fee you will notice that each drop down option as a weight noted beside it.
Each membership that you create should have a unique selection of Discipline, Level, and Role. This selection will generate a weight. For instance, if I had a "--, Recreational, Athlete" membership it would have a weight of 6. Additionally, I may have a "--, National, Athlete" membership with a weight of 10.
When a membership of a greater weight has already been purchased, any further memberships (though applicable and added to the invoice) will be reduced to $0.
For example, if I were to register as a competitive athlete I would have the competitive athlete membership (at a weight of 10) added to my invoice at full cost. Later, I decide I would also like to join your club as a recreational athlete and join one of your rec programs. I would see the Recreational Athlete membership added to my invoice, but since it's weight is less than my previous membership (6 vs 10) I would see the Recreational membership reduced to $0 automatically.
Gymnastics Ontario Memberships
Now that you have at least one Gymnastics Ontario membership ready and available for purchase it will begin to apply to participant's invoices. Once a participant purchases a Gymnastics Ontario fee from your club they can be submitted to Gymnastics Ontario.
Submitting Your Memberships to Gymnastics Ontario
- Navigate to GO's How To Register Individual Participants section and review the process as well as the SKUs of the memberships you offer.
- Log into your Uplifter site and navigate to Reports
- Select the Product/Subscription Purchase Reports report option.
- Filter the report by your membership(s) under the Product filter (one at a time is best).
- Noting the field requirements set by GO, use Columns To Display to select your desired information.
- Select Excel to pull a report from your system.
- In your Excel report, add the column header "SKUs"
- In the SKUs column, begin adding your Membership SKUs, where appropriate, as noted by GO. If you are doing one membership type at a time, this will be quite quick.
- Save your spreadsheet and follow the steps outline by GO to submit your memberships.
Submitting your memberships to GO will involve pulling a report on the memberships you've sold, formatting that report to suit GO's standardized template, and then submitting them via the Individual Import tool. Many of the required steps are diligently outlined by Gymnastics Ontario on their How To Register Individual Participants page.