Uplifter's participant database is directly connected with Gymnastics British Columbia gymnast database. With this connection we can offer our Gymnastics BC affiliated clubs the ability to quickly and easily submit gymnasts to Gymnastics BC for membership submissions.
Please note, these tool are under development. Please refer back to this article or reach out to email@example.com for information about new features as they become available.
Getting Your Club Ready
In order to connected with the Gymnastics BC database you will want to ensure you have the core elements on your site setup.
Verify Your Club Is Connected
To begin, you will want to verify that your club is connected to the Gymnastics BC League Connector. This can be done by selecting to create/edit a subscriptions in your system. When doing so, you should see a Gymnastics BC Lookup Options section.
If you do not see this, please contact us here at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gymnastics BC Fees
With each new Gymnastics BC season (September 1st - August 30th) you will want to ensure your club has a new Gymnastics BC fee ready and available to attach to invoices. The number of Gymnastics BC fees you create may vary based on the type of memberships you offer. However, most clubs will only create one or two fees per year. More information on best practices when creating multiple fees can be found in the Multiple Fees Per Year section, below.
Create Your GBC Fee
- Navigate to Products & Programs > Products & Subscriptions
- Select Add new from the toolbar
- Enter your product settings
- Select to make your product a subscription
- Select a Gymnastics BC season for duration and the desired season
- Use the Discipline, Level, Sub-Level, and Role drop downs to assign your membership type
- Select Save
- Each Gymnastics BC subscription/membership fee should be set to Mandatory.
- Each Gymnastics BC subscription/membership fee should use the Gymnastics BC Season option from the Duration of Subscription drop down.
- Each Gymnastics BC subscription/membership fee should be set to Apply To "Participant", under Product Information.
- Each Gymnastics BC subscription/membership fee should have no filters applied in the Tag Filters section unless otherwise required (see: Multiple Fees Per Year)
Each membership you create within a single GBC season should have a unique selection from the Discipline, Level, and Role drop downs. This selection dictates what type of membership you are offering and, eventually, submitting to GBC.
For instance, you may offer a Recreational Athlete membership. In that instance, you would need to select Level: Recreational and Role: Athlete. Note that Discipline was not selected in this example. This is because this example membership applies to all of my recreational participants. However, if I had different costs for my General vs Rhythmic, for instance, I could then use the Discipline drop down to differentiate.
You only need to get as specific as your memberships dictate.
Help! The New Season Isn't Listed!
We pull our season list directly from Gymnastics BC's database. Because of this, there may be instances where you wish to create your upcoming season's Gymnastics BC fee but the season does not populate in the list of options. In this instance you will want to use the Effective Start and End date options, running from September 1st to August 31st (of the applicable years). Then, be sure to check back as the season approaches. Once the season populates you can clear the Effective Start and End date options and select the Gymnastics BC Season drop down option. This will affect your subscription purchases retroactively.
GBC Fees & Discounts
By default products, tickets, and subscriptions are not aligned/associated with any of your club's seasons. As such, clubs that plan to offer seasonal discounts involving their GBC Fee(s) should be mindful of the "This product may have season discounts or will be used to buyout volunteer credits." option on products, tickets, and subscriptions. Found at the top of the Product Information section you can toggle this setting and select which season the GBC Fee should be affiliated with. This is an important step for seasonal discounts.
Note that you should not update/change the selected year after sales of your fee have begun. For best results you will want to set your assigned season to any of your first seasons of the year. For clubs who offer camps, you should assign your GBC fees to align with the camp season you create.
It is okay that your GBC fee(s) should apply for other seasons, the "This product may have season discounts or will be used to buyout volunteer credits." setting does not affect how it will apply to invoices - only how it will be considered for discounting purposes.
Multiple Fees Per Year
Some clubs, depending on the membership types they offer, will need multiple Gymnastics BC fees per year. This is most often done when clubs offer an array of membership types like Recreational, Competitive, etc.
This can also be a solution for clubs who have differing costs for varying circumstances. For instance, if your Competitive program costs include the GBC fee already whereas your Recreational program costs do not. In these instances, there are two main factors you will need to ensure:
- There are no circumstances where a participant can register and not receive a Gymnastics BC fee (if they should receive one).
- There are no circumstances where a participant can qualify for two Gymnastics BC fees at the same time.
When creating two separate fees you will want to use the Link To tool under Registration Checkout Filters section to apply filters to the subscription. Using these filters you can split your fees by, say, Category:
In this way, you can then set one Gymnastics BC fee to be $0 and another to be $35, for instance. Please note, though, that the system will automatically account for other memberships. It will do so by considering the Weight of the membership. Please see below for further information.
In order to capture the requirements of Gymnastics BC's unique "most expensive only" membership costs, we have introduced the concept of "weight". When creating your Gymnastics BC membership fee you will notice that each drop down option as a weight noted beside it.
Each membership that you create should have a unique selection of Discipline, Level, and Role. This selection will generate a weight. For instance, if I had a "--, Recreational, Athlete, Recreational: Annual Athlete" membership it would have a weight of 6. Additionally, I may have a "--, National/MAG Elite, Athlete, MAG: Elite: 3" membership with a weight of 9.
When a membership of a greater weight has already been purchased, any further memberships (though applicable and added to the invoice) will be reduced to $0.
For example, if I were to register as a competitive athlete I would have the competitive athlete membership (at a weight of 10) added to my invoice at full cost. Later, I decide I would also like to join your club as a recreational athlete and join one of your rec programs. I would see the Recreational Athlete membership added to my invoice, but since it's weight is less than my previous membership (6 vs 10) I would see the Recreational membership reduced to $0 automatically.
Gymnastics BC Memberships
Now that you have at least one Gymnastics BC membership ready and available for purchase it will begin to apply to participant's invoices. Once a participant purchases a Gymnastics BC fee from your club they can be submitted to Gymnastics BC.
Submitting Your Memberships to Gymnastics BC
- Navigate to GBC's Membership Registration section and review the process as well as the SKUs of the memberships you offer.
- Log into your Uplifter site and navigate to Reports
- Select the Product/Subscription Purchase Reports report option.
- Filter the report by your membership(s) under the Product filter (one at a time is best).
- Noting the field requirements set by GBC, use Columns To Display to select your desired information.
- Select Excel to pull a report from your system.
- In your Excel report, add the column header "SKUs"
- In the SKUs column, begin adding your Membership SKUs where appropriate, as noted by GBC. If you are doing one membership type at a time, this will be quite quick.
- Save your spreadsheet and follow the steps outline by GBC to submit your memberships.
Submitting your memberships to GBC will involve pulling a report on the memberships you've sold, formatting that report to suit GBC's standardized template, and then submitting them via the Individual Import tool. Many of the required steps are diligently outlined by Gymnastics BC on their How To Register Individual Participants page.
Camps and Competition Setups
Special builds like camps and competitions can be created within the Uplifter system in a multitude of ways. Our article Special Builds runs through the setup of these types of requirements. Of course, they are only suggestions and you may wish to pursue other options. You are always welcome to reach out to email@example.com for assistance in reviewing alternative setups.